Volunteers are a crucial part of our organization. We need volunteers to help with everything from fundraising to postering to office support, and many additional, meaningful projects.
- Email us at info (at) actorsshakespeareproject.org
- Or call us at 617.776.2200
Looking to usher and see an ASP production for free?
Before filling out our Usher Form below, please take a moment to read our Usher Requirements below. If you have any questions, feel free to email ushers (at) actorsshakespeareproject.org.
- Ushers must arrive one hour prior to curtain and check in with the House Manager.
- Ushers are required to stay for the duration of the show and stay for about half an hour after to help clean up after the patrons have left.
- Ushers are required to stand for a one-hour period of time before the show, and may be required to climb stairs in order to assist with the seating of patrons.
- Ushers must become familiar with the facility to help direct patrons to the restrooms, exits, coat checks, etc.
- A friendly, customer-service-oriented attitude is a must to ensure an ideal performance experience for the patrons and House staff.
- Volunteers are required to wear all black attire. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- ASP is not responsible for parking or transportation expenses.
- If you need to cancel for any reason, please give 48 hours notice to ushers (at) actorsshakespeareproject.org, and provide a replacement usher if possible.
- Ushers are not permitted to carry bags; personal belongings may be stored on your seat while seating patrons.
- Usher responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
– Stuffing programs
– Assisting patrons
– Tearing tickets
– Remaining after the performance to assist with cleanup
– Other duties as assigned by the House Manager