Due to the location of our first two productions, we will not be able to book ushers for Exit the King or Julius Caesar. Please check back in December to sign up to usher for Richard III and Much Ado About Nothing.
Volunteers are a crucial part of our organization. We need volunteers to help with everything from fundraising to postering to office support, and many additional, meaningful projects.
- Email us at info (at) actorsshakespeareproject.org
- Or call us at 617.776.2200
Looking to usher and see an ASP production for free?
Before filling out our Usher Form below, please take a moment to read our Usher Requirements below. If you have any questions, feel free to email ushers (at) actorsshakespeareproject.org.
- Ushers must arrive one hour prior to curtain and check in with the House Manager.
- Ushers are required to stay for the duration of the show and stay for about half an hour after to help clean up after the patrons have left.
- Ushers are required to stand for a one-hour period of time before the show, and may be required to climb stairs in order to assist with the seating of patrons.
- Ushers must become familiar with the facility to help direct patrons to the restrooms, exits, coat checks, etc.
- A friendly, customer-service-oriented attitude is a must to ensure an ideal performance experience for the patrons and House staff.
- Volunteers are required to wear all black attire. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- ASP is not responsible for parking or transportation expenses.
- If you need to cancel for any reason, please give 48 hours notice to ushers (at) actorsshakespeareproject.org, and provide a replacement usher if possible.
- Ushers are not permitted to carry bags; personal belongings may be stored on your seat while seating patrons.
- Usher responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
– Stuffing programs
– Assisting patrons
– Tearing tickets
– Remaining after the performance to assist with cleanup
– Other duties as assigned by the House Manager